- 1 Citi Simplicity Credit Card
- 2 Citi Simplicity Card review
Citi Simplicity Credit Card
The Citi Simplicity card offers an extremely long entry period for balance transfers, but unfortunately there is also a larger balance transfer fee, which allows a balance to be transferred in an expensive way.
- No Late Fees, No Penalty Rate and No Annual Fees.
- 0% for balance transfers for 21 months from the first transfer date. All transfers must be completed in the first 4 months. After that, the variability value will be 15.99% – 25.99% according to your credit value.
- 0% Intro APR for purchases over 12 months from the account opening date. After that, the variability value will be 15.99% – 25.99% according to your credit value.
- If you transfer a balance with this offer, after the expiration of the 0% Intro purchase APR, new purchases and outstanding purchase balances will accrue automatically until all balances,
- including your balance, are fully paid.
- There is a 5% or 5% transfer fee for each transfer amount, whichever is greater
- The same great rate for all balances after the entry period.
- Fast, personal help, save time when you call 24 hours a day – just say “delegate”
- Take advantage of the ease of creating your own bill payment plan at the latest available month-round
Citi Simplicity Card review
- 0% Entry Period 21 months
- Transfer Fee $ 5 or 5% (whichever is higher)
- Introduction Reception APR 0%
- Regular APR % 15.99-25.99 * (variable)
- Annual Fee $ 0
Other Important Features
No late payment, no penalty fee, EMV chip, low interest rate on cash advances
The Citi Simplicity card is at the top of our balance transfer category, mainly due to a valuable balance transfer offer. But that’s not the only thing that catches our attention. In the eye-catching card offers, where consumers are often intertwined with fees, penalties and complex payment terms, the Citi Simplicity card is one of the few products on the market that are trying to provide more consumer friendly conditions. Potential savings on penalties can be particularly valuable for consumers trying to pay a big balance.
Longest entry period
The card passes the length of the promotional offer and other balance transfer cards. Citi offers a 0 percent interest in balance sheet transfers for 21 months (after which it is $ 15.99 to $ 25.99) – this is six months longer than other top balance sheet transfer cards. This can turn into a huge savings potential for customers who are trying to reduce a large current balance.
However, you must consider the balance transfer fee before making a first application for the offer. The card will charge a 5 percent charge for the balance transfers, which is 2 percent higher than the average charge for the balance transfer. If you transfer a large balance, a larger fee may pay you extra money. For example, a $ 5,000 balance will be subject to a $ 250 balance transfer fee.
Late payment is less costly
Citi Simplicity card is one of the few cards that provides an unlimited output in late payments. You cannot miss any number of payment dates and you will not be charged a delay fee or an APR penalty. This does not mean that it is completely free. You’ll have to pay a high amount of interest on these delay payments, and if you’re late for more than 30 days, you’ll set an expensive price in your credit report. And I can’t say it was completely unpunished: there are $ 35 criminal charges on returned payments. Still less cost than other cards. And there are other savings: the Citi Simplicity card offers the same rate of cash advances as regular purchases.
Many other advantages
At the top of the introductory offer, the Citi Simplicity card comes with some valuable benefits. The card offers travel advantages such as car rental insurance. It also offers some purchasing features including an extended warranty program and Citi Price Rewind; this will send back the difference when you find a lower price in a final purchase.
The card may cost you by other means
The main disadvantage of this card is variable APR. The high percentage is up to 25.99 percent. If you’re dealing with credit card payments, you’ll need to weigh the cost of moving a balance against the cost of your current card on the Citi Simplicity card. This also keeps a large amount every month and is not the ideal card if you pay the entire balance on time. There are several free cards available on the market that will help you earn some valuable prizes. Even if you plan to pay your balance and win prizes in the future, there are even balance transfer cards with a rewards program. However, if you are a cardholder interested in a large amount of money borrowing, the Citi Simplicity card has one of the best promotional offers along with other valuable advantages.
Why take the Citi Simplicity card?
- You’re looking for a simple, free credit card that doesn’t penalize you for missing the payment deadline.
- You want to transfer a large balance that requires a long time to pay.
- You want to use a 0 percent bid to finance a large purchase, and there’s discipline to pay over time.
How to use Citi Simplicity card
- Even without any penalty fees, you should pay your bills on time. Otherwise, you will receive a large amount of interest, and if you are late for more than 30 days, you will receive a hit in your credit report.
- You can also lose your promotional rate.
- Be sure to pay your balance before the end of the promotion period. Normal APR, after starting, on the high side.
- For additional suggestions, check out a balance transfer guide to your Citi card.