- 1 Chase United Explorer Credit Card
- 2 Chase United Explorer Card review
- 2.1 Pros
- 2.2 Cons
- 2.3 Other Important Features
- 2.4 Good earning scheme
- 2.5 Annual fee slightly higher, but waived the first year
- 2.6 65,000 bonus miles in the first year
- 2.7 Flexible payment options
- 2.8 Primary lease coverage
- 2.9 Valuable benefits for frequent flyers
- 2.10 Why would he buy United Explorer Card?
- 2.11 How to use the United Explorer Card?
Chase United Explorer Credit Card
With a generous sign-up bonus, the United Explorer Card makes it easy to quickly win a free flight; However, you will usually have to fly to United to compensate for the $ 95 annual fee of the card.
65,000 miles after shopping for $ 2,000 in the first 3 months your account is open
40,000 bonus miles. Also earn 25,000 bonus miles after a total of $ 10,000 in the first 6 months of your account.
Restoranlarda ve otel konaklamalarında harcanan 2 mil başına 1 mil kazanın
United’den yapılan alışverişlerde harcanan 2 ABD Doları 2 mil kazanır
Diğer tüm alışverişlerde harcanan 1 mil
Business travel. United’s signature card comes with a 40,000-mile sign-up bonus and 2X miles on restaurants, hotels and United flights. The card pays by itself when you fly from a United hub city.
- Limited time offer! Earn 65,000 Bonus Miles.
- The entry fee is $ 0 per year for the first year, then $ 95.
- Earn 1 US $ 2 mil for restaurants and hotel stays
- Global Login up to $ 100 or TSA Pre ✓ Fee Credit
- 25% return on United aircraft purchases
- Check your first bag free of charge (save up to $ 120 for a round trip) when you use your Card to buy your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit United Club 2 times a year for your anniversary.
- Earn 2 miles from US $ 1 on shopping and earn 1 mile per one mile spent on all other purchases
- Airport Lounge Access
- Car Rental Insurance
- Janitorial service
- Extended Warranty Program
- Free Checked Luggage
- Lost Baggage Refund
- Mobile Payment Ready
- Foreign Process Mortar No
- Primary Auto Rental Insurance
- Priority boarding
- Purchasing Protection
- Roadside assistance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- Visa Signature
- Zero Fraud Responsibility
Chase United Explorer Card review
2 miles per dollar in hotels, restaurants and direct-purchased UK tickets
1 mile per dollar on other purchases
40,000 miles if you spend $ 2,000 in the first 3 months
25,000 additional miles if you spend $ 10,000 in the first 6 months
No Annual Bonus
Yearly Fee $ 95, $ 0 first year
Average Annual Prize Value ($ 1,325 monthly spend) $ 556
APR 17.99-24.99% (variable)
- No discount date
- No limits on shaft
- Use miles for flight tickets, car rentals, hotel stays, goods, donations or an annual fee in the UK
- Good reward levels for North and Central America and the Caribbean
- Open-jaw, one-way and round trip tickets allowed
- You can book a free break with Excursionist Perk (with some restrictions)
- No fuel surcharges for United flights or any partner airline
- Savings Awards are capacity controlled
- Most daily prizes are available on most flights, but very expensive
- 75 USD booked in advance 21 days in advance
- High fees for rewards changes
Other Important Features
Free checked bags, Global Entry / 100 THY Prekeck priority every 4 years, privileged privileges, 25% in-flight discount, 2 times Club Club, no external processing fee, room upgrades, free luxury resorts, concierge Daily breakfast for two and other amenities such as services, luggage delay insurance, lost baggage and trip delay reimbursement, trip cancellation / deduction insurance, primary car rental insurance, purchase protection, extended warranties
United Explorer Card has been exposed to some major updates in 2018. And – the removal of price and return protection and the reduction of the trip cancellation coverage to $ 1,500 per year, as well as good news for current and prospective cardholders. With the 2x mileage card holders in the hotel and restaurant purchases, the Explorer card now has a much better win rate. Chase also received a $ 100 loan for Global Entry or TSA Precheck and a 25 percent bonus for in-flight purchases on the card.
Good earning scheme
The Unified Explorer adds a little more distance to your typical airline card. In addition to 2 miles of dollars you earn for tickets purchased directly from United, you earn 2 miles per dollar on restaurant and hotel purchases – you make your card a good friend on your travels – and 1 mil per dollar for everything. United allows you to use miles in one-way or round-trip trips. You can also use shafts for other travel expenses, such as hotel rooms, boat tours or car rental.
Annual fee slightly higher, but waived the first year
The $ 95 annual fee is slightly higher than what you would pay for other travel cards. But if you are a loyal United customer, the card can pay for itself with just a few uses. At least, you’ll get a good sign-up bonus and no more than two free bags for you and a companion.
Note, Chase recently updated the card to cancel the first year fee. If you are unsure about holding the card, you can run a trial run and cancel it before the end of the year to eliminate it completely.
65,000 bonus miles in the first year
After spending $ 2,000 in the first three months, you can get a fair registration bonus of 40,000 miles. Also, if you spend $ 10,000 in the first six months, you earn 25,000 additional miles. You take these miles to the UK, if you use them for a Saver Award – we estimate that the bonus is around $ 975. You can also earn additional miles with dozens of unified partners, such as hotels, car rentals and many more.
Flexible payment options
United Airlines offers one of the more flexible booking policies for an airline reward program. The unified website has a user-friendly mil-redemption interface, and the usability in the economy seat is generally not bad, except for prime travel time. In addition, United is a member of Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline alliance. So, you can use United miles to book an award seat in 39 partner airlines.
However, there are some oddities. First of all, you can reserve all partner-airline award tickets online. Second, United only shows the lowest reward rate, which does not tell you whether your goal is the best (in Saver ı) award rate. Use this interactive reward chart to find out exactly what it is, and consider changing your travel dates if the charge isn’t the best.
If you’re not interested in the airline you’re flying with, you may be better off with an overall reward credit card that allows you to choose any airline. According to Holly Johnson at The Simple Dollar, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is great for more than United flights.
Primary lease coverage
The United Explorer Card provides primary rental coverage in the United States (Coverage is always primary except US). Generally, credit cards offer only secondary coverage; that is, if you incur a loss in renting a car, you must first contact your own car insurance. Primary coverage means that you will not have to deal with your own car insurance in case of damage or theft.
Valuable benefits for frequent flyers
The card offers some valuable advantages for United Airlines passengers, such as a free check bag for yourself and a companion traveling with the same reservation and a 25% bonus on in-flight purchases at United (including Wi-Fi). Please note that in order to benefit from these benefits, you must purchase your ticket with the United Explorer Card.
In addition, you can get two free single-use pass cards per year in the annual United Club airport lounge and a priority boarding pass for yourself and your companion. Local United Club rooms offer comfortable seating, free coffee, soft drinks, snacks and Wi-Fi. The international United Halls adds free alcoholic beverages and more dining options to the list. Also, as mentioned, the card is offering $ 100 for Global Login or TSA Precheck.
Why would he buy United Explorer Card?
- You are using United for most of your journey.
- You want to maximize your mileage.
- You want to save money in marked bags.
- You value the card’s other advantages and the benefits of Visa Signature.
How to use the United Explorer Card?
- Always buy a $ 2 billion ticket with the United ticket.
- Try using the prize seats at the Saver level. If you book a round trip prize, you can add a free stopover along the way.
- Consider using Unified Shafts on unified partner airlines, which can be a better value.
- When you rent a car in the United States, always pay with the United Explorer Card to take advantage of the primary rent coverage.