- 1 USAA Bank Cashback Rewards Plus American Express Credit Card
- 2 USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express Credit Card review
- 2.1 Pros
- 2.2 Cons
- 2.3 Other Important Features
- 2.4 5 percent and 2 bonus categories
- 2.5 Flexible awards
- 2.6 No Penalty Order
- 2.7 SCRA advantages are not the best
- 2.8 Identity-fraud-expense reimbursement
- 2.9 Price protection
- 2.10 Why take the USAA Cashback Rewards Plus card?
- 2.11 How to use USAA Cashback Rewards Plus card
USAA Bank Cashback Rewards Plus American Express Credit Card
USAA Cashback Rewards Plus The MasterCard is the ideal card for military families: a 5 percent refund for purchases on gas and military bases, 2 percent reimbursement for grocery stores, and a number of money-saving benefits for active staff service personnel. .
$ 3,000 in total in these categories and your military purchases 5 Recover.
Make the first $ 2,000 in the $ 2,000 supermarket purchases per year.
% 1 Unlimited% on all other purchases
- Earn 5% on your combined $ 3,000 gas and military base purchases in these combined categories
- Earn 2% on purchases of $ 3,000 a year in the supermarket
- Unlimited 1% refund on all other purchases
- USAA membership is active and open to the former army and their eligible family members
- Car Rental Insurance
- Janitorial service
- Extended Warranty Program
- Lost Baggage Refund
- Mobile Payment Ready
- No annual fees
- Foreign Process Mortar No
- Price Protection
- Purchasing Protection
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Zero Fraud Responsibility
USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express Credit Card review
5% cash reimbursement for purchases made on gas and military bases ($ 3,000 per year and 1% later)
2% refund the groceries ($ 3,000 per year, then 1%)
1% cash refund on other purchases
No Registration Bonus
No Annual Bonus
Yearly Fee $ 0
Average Annual Reward Value ($ 1,325 monthly spend) $ 291
APR 13,9-27,9% (variable)
- Use any amount at any time in 1 dollar increments
- No categories to follow
Bonus categories are limited to purchases of US $ 3,000 per year per category.
Other Important Features
No foreign transaction fee; military assistance, including distribution rates, financing fee reductions for military campaigns and distribution support; identity theft services; price protection; trip cancellation and deduction insurance; luggage delay insurance; no penalty APR
For a card that is not subject to an annual fee, the USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express card offers great advantages in outstanding categories and a good cash repayment rate. The 5 percent cash repayment rate for the 2 percent money and gas and military base purchases was closed with an annual expenditure of $ 3,000 per category.
The card is not publicly available. Available only for USAA members and other selected individuals using specific USAA products. In order to participate in the USAA, you must be a member of the US armed forces, a master or a family member of a USAA member.
5 percent and 2 bonus categories
This card reimburses 5 percent in gas and military base purchases, 2 percent in supermarket purchases and 1 percent in all other purchases. Several cash reimbursement cards offer a high premium rate of 5 percent and generally assign 5 percent to less profitable categories. Also, the USAA card requires less maintenance than other cards. You do not need to register for bonus categories and there are no rotating categories. Note, however, that the bonus cash refund includes a purchase certificate of $ 3,000 per year in each category.
The USAA cash refund card makes it easy for you to recover your cash prizes. Although most cards require you to have a significant amount of rewards to use for reimbursement, this card allows you to use any amount at any time, starting with a 1 TL increment.
No Penalty Order
The USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express card does not bring a penalty APR, which is a rare advantage. Many card companies raise your APR up to 30 percent for just one missed payment. The USAA card will not raise your APR, regardless of your account.
SCRA advantages are not the best
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) provides service workers with certain benefits on the active duty, including a 6 percent interest rate for all debts that arise before the assignment. The USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express card reduces this cover to 4 percent. He may be generous until other credit cards are considering making the same thing or offering better opportunities.
The card includes credentials-fraud-expense repayments, which rarely come with a card that does not have annual fees. The refund is limited to $ 1,000 per claim and has a demand limit of one year.
If you find a lower price for a new product within four months of the date of purchase, USAA may refund you for the price difference.
Why take the USAA Cashback Rewards Plus card?
- You are a USAA member who can benefit from a 5% bonus on purchases made to the military base.
- You want the simplicity of a card that doesn’t require you to register for quarterly bonus categories, but not for an annual fee.
- You are interested in the package of excellent travel advantages that come with the card.
How to use USAA Cashback Rewards Plus card
- Use the card to buy gas and military base until you reach the $ 3,000 cover in each category.
- Use this card interchangeably with other cash cards that provide cash in bonuses in alternative spend categories.