- 1 Citi Premier Credit Card
- 2 Citi Premier Card review
- 2.1 Award Ratio
- 2.2 Pros
- 2.3 Cons
- 2.4 Other Important Features
- 2.5 Container bonus categories
- 2.6 Upgraded membership bonus
- 2.7 Flexible redemption
- 2.8 Limited transfer options
- 2.9 Rich side benefits
- 2.10 Why take the Citi Premier card?
- 2.11 How to use Citi Premier card
Citi Premier Credit Card
The Citi Premier Credit card offers a generous travel rewards program, but its inadequate airline transfer options limit its attractiveness.
50,000 points : Earn $ 50,000 in ThankYou Points after buying $ 4,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
Gas Stations Including, Travel to Earn 3X Points
Out of Out Entertainment Earn 2X Points
Earn 1X Points for All Other Purchases
- Earn 50,000 bonuses ThankYou Points, after spending $ 4,000 on purchase within 3 months after the account opening
- Earn 3 Points to Travel, Including Gas Stations
- Earn 2X Points at Out & Entertainment
- Earn 1X Points for All Other Purchases
- 50,000 Points can be used for any $ 625 to any airline company, except on the dates when reservations made from ThankYou Travel Center are not deducted, or for gift cards worth US $
- 500 after use of a voucher.
- No expiration or limit on the amount of points you can win with this card
- Transfer Points allows you to transfer points to participating airline loyalty programs
- Foreign Transaction Fee in Purchases
- Car Rental Insurance
- Janitorial service
- Extended Warranty Program
- Free Credit Score
- Lost Baggage Refund
- Mobile Payment Ready
- Foreign Process Mortar No
- Presale Tickets
- Price Protection
- Purchasing Protection
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Zero Fraud Responsibility
Citi Premier Card review
- 3: 1 travel including gas
- 2: 1 restaurants and entertainment
- Other purchases 1: 1
Membership Bonus If you spend $ 4,000 in the first 3 months
50.000 ThankYou score
No Annual Bonus
Yearly Fee $ 95, $ 0 first year
Average Annual Prize Value ($ 1,325 monthly spend) $ 413
APR 16,49-25,49% (variable)
- Points don’t expire
- No discount date
- No point limit
- 25% higher refund rate when used in ThankYou Travel Center
- Earn points with gift cards, goods, trips, cash and more
- Use your points on Amazon.com and LiveNation.com
- Transfer of points to airlines and hotel partners
- Redemption value is high only for gift cards and travel purchases.
- Travel must be done via Citi
Other Important Features
No foreign transaction fee, free concierge service, trip cancellation and deduction protection, travel and emergency assistance, travel accident insurance, car rental insurance, baggage insurance, price protection, extended warranty, EMV chip
You don’t have to go far to take advantage of this travel rewards card. The Citi Premier card will triple your reward points for various travel-related expenses, including gas, tolls, subway charges and more.
Card holders can also be a good card for card holders who want to spend extra time out in the evenings, earning bonus points for unusual wide entertainment and restaurant purchases.
Container bonus categories
The card offers three points for each dollar spent on travel and two points for food and entertainment purchases. But what stands out on the card is the inclusive definition of what is considered a qualified purchase. For example, daily purchases – such as gas, bus, train and subway charges, parking and tolls – are all considered to be travel expenses. Daily entertainment formats – such as downloading music, renting movies, visiting bars and nightclubs, and meeting friends for coffee – also card holders earn additional prizes.
Upgraded membership bonus
The Citi Premier card currently offers a high upgrade bonus of 50,000 points for spending $ 4,000 in the first 3 months. Barclaycard barely meets many of its major competitors, which offer similar bonuses, including World Elite Mastercard and a Chase Sapphire Preferred card, with much better payback scores for their scores. However, it is a very expensive bonus of $ 625 when booked through Citi’s ThankYou Travel Center. If you want to add an additional card to your wallet, it may be a good time to sign up for the Citi Premier card now.
Citi offers you a ton of options to take advantage of your rewards. So you won’t have trouble finding anything about all the points you earn. The ThankYou points program allows you to recover your points from everything from Amazon.com purchases to credit card statement loans. However, if you use gift cards and travel points that offer a higher redemption value, you’ll get more explosions for your money. If you make your trip through Citi’s travel center, for example, your ThankYou points will be 25 percent more.
Limited transfer options
Another important disadvantage of the card is the preferable transfer option for the card holders who travel most of the travelers. You can transfer partners to travel rewards programs. However, 11 of Citi’s airline transfer partners are overseas, including Qantas, Virgin Atlantic, Air France and Qatar Airways. However, domestic travelers can earn additional free hotel stays by transferring points to Hilton’s HHonors program.
Rich side benefits
Citi’s Premier card also offers the advantage of a range of premium credit cards dedicated to high-capacity cards. For example, cardholders can access concierge services 24 hours a day to access hotel and restaurant reservations, premium travel assistance, and VIP entertainment and concert ticket pre-sale tickets.
Why take the Citi Premier card?
- You spend a lot of time on the road and want to be rewarded for both gas and travel purchases.
- They often use taxis or public transport and want to withdraw money when you want to go to work.
- You eat too much or you often visit fast food restaurants or coffee shops and traditional dining establishments.
- You spend a lot of money in night clubs, bars, movies and music.
- You travel a lot abroad.
How to use Citi Premier card
- Feel free to use your points for cash or goods. Staying true to your travel purchases, such as flight tickets or hotel bookings or gift cards, you get more value than you spend.
- Book your travel-financed trip through Citi’s travel center, so you can get a higher refund value for travel purchases.