- 1 Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card
- 2 Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card review
- 2.1 Pros
- 2.2 Cons
- 2.3 Other Key Features
- 2.4 Good signup bonus
- 2.5 Unimportant reward rate
- 2.6 Free Comrade Crossing
- 2.7 Flexible payment options
- 2.8 Higher mean APR
- 2.9 Limited options for international flights
- 2.10 So travel advantages
- 2.11 Why take the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card?
- 2.12 The use of the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card
Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus card is a great card for Southeast Airline fanatics and a more ordinary prize card user because of its generous sign-up bonus and many options for domestic travel.
Up to 60,000 points
40,000 points after spending $ 1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of your account opening
Win. You also earn 20,000 points after spending $ 12,000 on your first year.
Southwest purchases and spent on purchases of Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner 2
1 point per $ 1, spent on all other purchases
- Earn $ 100,000 after spending $ 1,000 on purchases during the first 3 months of your account. You also earn 20,000 points after spending $ 12,000 on your first year.
- 3,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary
- Southwest purchases and 2 points per 1 dollar spent on acquisitions at Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner
- 1 point per 1 dollar spent on all other purchases
- Get unlimited points indefinitely as long as your card account is open
- No delay date or seat restriction
- Bags fly free and there is no change fee
- Use your points for flights, hotel stays, gift cards, events and more
- Car Rental Insurance
- Janitorial service
- Extended Warranty Program
- Free Checked Luggage
- Lost Baggage Refund
- Mobile Payment Ready
- No Change Fee
- Purchasing Protection
- Roadside assistance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- Visa Signature
- Zero Fraud Responsibility
Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card review
Southwest purchases, hotels and car rental partners
40,000 points if you spend 1,000 dollars in the first 3 months
20,000 additional points if you spend $ 12,000 in the first year
Annually Bonus 3,000 points each account yearly
Annual Fee $ 69
Average Annual Prize Value ($ 1,325 monthly spend) $ 573
APR 17.99-24.99% (variable)
- Points don’t expire
- No discount date
- Unlimited award chairs
- Use miles to access airline tickets, gift vouchers, goods, car rental, cruise, hotel stays, special events
- No change fee
- No booking fee
- One-way award ticket allowed
- Not allowed on award tickets
- Limited options for international travel
- Because you don’t have Southwest airlines, you can do the rewards flight only in the Southwest.
Other Key Features
Two free checked bags for card holder, Companion Pass after 110,000 points (choose one person to fly free when you get points for a flight or when you buy), car rental insurance, baggage delay insurance, lost luggage refund, road edge dispatch, travel accident insurance, travel and emergency services, extended warranty protection, purchase protection
At first glance, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card’s $ 69-a-year wage and insufficient rewards program, in the overcrowded airline category, are raising this airline loyalty card over others. However, a high-level sign-up bonus and the opportunity to Southwest’s valuable Companion Pass card, especially when Southwest Airline’s reputation for reasonable employees and customer-friendly policies, such as free re-booking, outdoor seating, indicates that the card provides a second look. and free check baggage.
Good signup bonus
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card offers a rather large signup bonus of 40,000 points for new card holders who spend $ 1000 in the first three months of being on a high side air way to the reward card. You can also earn up to 20,000 additional points if you spend $ 12,000 on the first year by January 9th. You can further expand domestic and international flights by selecting domestic flights on some routes in the southwest. Some of them can be booked at a price as low as 3,500 points.
To maximize your money, search for the airline’s low-rate calendar when your travel dates are flexible, choose tarif Wanna Get Away ler when you buy a flight and take advantage of Southwest’s frequent sales opportunities.
Unimportant reward rate
The basic prize rate of the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card is one point per dollar spent on overall purchases. On Southwest flights or with the airline’s hotel and car rental partners, you collect two points per dollar. On the low side, the earnings structure is equal to most other airline award cards.
Suitable hotel chains include the Best Western, Marriott and La Quinta Inns and Suites. Be a member of the hotel’s special rewards program and make sure you read the good edition as you need to choose your earnings preference as Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards. To earn points with car hire in companies such as Hertz and Avis, you can request Rapid Rewards points in your reservation.
Free Comrade Crossing
While ordinary travelers may find it difficult to cross the Southwest’s Companion Gateway threshold, this privileged option is extremely valuable to anyone who meets requirements. You must fly or fly 100 one-way flights to 110,000 points in a calendar year to qualify for a Companion Pass, which allows you to choose a lucky friend or family member to fly or recover with each time you purchase points with you for free.
The best part? Complementary Transition applies to the remainder of the year that it deserves, plus all of it applies for the following year – even if the rust itself goes beyond the rest of the year for the last one month so it takes December to earn 110,000 points. And yes, counted bonus points!
Flexible payment options
As a Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card holder, you can earn points for domestic and international flights, hotel stays, car rentals, gift cards, products, cruises and more. It is as easy to book with points, log into your Rapid Rewards account on Southwest.com, look at dollars by points, and choose the flight you want. For everything else, go to the “More Rewards” section of the website for guidance to complete your purchase.
Higher mean APR
The high variable interest rate is one of the biggest disadvantages of the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card. Although the average APR for airline credit cards is 17.05 per cent, card holders with the highest credit rating, even the lowest APR of 17.99 percent and 24.99 percent for less credits. Regardless of your credit score spectrum, it is wise to pay your balance in full every month to avoid excessive interest payments.
Limited options for international flights
Southwest Airlines is known as a world-class carrier with very interesting flight attendants and outdoor seating policy. Aruba has expanded its range of Mexico cities including Southwest, Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Cancún, Cabo San Lucas and Puerto, since the first day of international flights in 2014, which is limited to Jamaica and the Bahamas. Vallarta. If you want to go beyond Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card is not the best option.
So travel advantages
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card comes with Visa Signature benefits, but the benefits are quite low compared to other airline credit cards. While things like car rental insurance, lost baggage refunds and roadside shipments are suitable for frequent travelers, there is nothing above the industry standard.
Why take the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card?
- Already a Southwestern flyer.
- You are planning a honeymoon or another great trip and you want to take advantage of the card’s registration advantage.
- You want to earn your Companion Pass or raise your points to gain elite status.
- You rarely travel internationally and are not impressed by Southwest’s limited options for foreign flights.
The use of the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card
- Spend at least $ 1,000 in the first three months and $ 12,000 in the first year to earn the membership bonus.
- Choose Southwest’s inde Wanna Get Away inin rates or book your airline’s frequent private services to maximize your point value.
- Pay your balance exactly each month in order not to pay interest above the average.