- 1 USAA Rewards Visa Signature Credit Card
- 2 USAA Rewards Visa Signature Credit Card review
- 2.1 Pros
- 2.2 cons
- 2.3 Other Important Features
- 2.4 Low initial interest rate
- 2.5 Special advantages for military service
- 2.6 Prizes below average
- 2.7 Stingy registration bonus
- 2.8 Easy exploitation
- 2.9 Why take the USAA Award Visa Signature?
- 2.10 How to use USAA Rewards Visa Signature?
USAA Rewards Visa Signature Credit Card
Prizes The awards at the Visa Signature Card are minimal, but the military personnel can benefit from the card’s military and travel benefits.
Earn 2,500 bonus points when you buy first
Earn 2X points per dollar spent on gas and food
Earn 1 point for each dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn 2X per dollar spent on gas and eat without cover
- Earn 1 point for each dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn 2,500 bonus points with your first purchase
- Use points for cash, merchandise, gift cards and more
- USAA membership is active and open to the former army and their eligible family members
- Car Rental Insurance
- Janitorial service
- Extended Warranty Program
- Mobile Payment Ready
- No annual fees
- Foreign Process Mortar No
- Price Protection
- Primary Auto Rental Insurance
- Purchasing Protection
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- Visa Signature
- Zero Fraud Responsibility
USAA Rewards Visa Signature Credit Card review
2 points per dollar in gas and food purchases
1 point per dollar on every purchase
2,500 points registration bonus with initial purchase
No Annual Bonus
No Annual Fee
Average Annual Reward Value ($ 1,325 monthly spend) $ 177
APR 11,9-27,9% (variable)
- No discount date
- No expiration date
- No point limit
- Use points for all or part of a purchase
- Use points for cash, goods, gift cards, air travel, trips or donations
- If a ticket is less than the prize value, the cash will be credited to your account.
- Travel must be made through the Affinion Loyalty Group (ALG) travel service.
- Other loyalty programs other than USAA cannot give points
- Approximately 3,000 points are required to use; 15,000 points are required to use for travel
Other Important Features
No foreign transaction fee, fees and refunds for military members, car rental insurance, concierge services, travel assistance, baggage delay insurance, trip cancellation and deduction insurance, extended warranty, $ 0 liability, price protection
Many credit card issuers provide a limited number of benefits to the active attendant service staff, such as temporary duty disclaimers, and in some cases offer a lower APR than is required by the Federal Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. However, several card issuers offer special advantages to the military, almost as much as the USAA. USAA Rewards Visa Signature is not the most lucrative reward card on the market, but it is a good choice for people with a history in the army and their families, with special, money-saving advantages for active duty service members.
To qualify for a USAA Rewards Visa Signature, you must be a member of the USAA or be eligible for membership. Only current and former members of the army and their families are currently entitled.
Low initial interest rate
One of the best things about this credit card is the extra low interest rate for excellent credit card holders. Depending on your credit history, you may be eligible for an APR of as low as 11.9 percent, well below the average prize card APR. Because the maximum rate of the card is 27.9 percent, the credit card holders need to pay attention. The range of possible APRs in the USAA Rewards Visa Signature is wider than most times and makes it difficult to estimate your rate until you make your application.
Special advantages for military service
Active members of the service team make a safer choice than other cards, particularly when they are entitled to a lower rate. The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act closes the APR by 6 percent for all active military members, but the USAA defeats it by presenting it in the new and current debts as low as 4 percent. A 4 percent APR is offered to military members who have a permanent station change, while card holders with a qualifying campaign medal may receive a discount for any benefit arising during the campaign.
Prizes below average
Attracting USAA Rewards American Express card for cardholders who are spending too much for gas and food. Two points for each dollar spent on gas and food and one point per dollar spent on everything else. However, for some award categories, such as gift cards and commercial products, less than 1 cents per point, the rebate value of the USAA awards points is well below the average. Even the points used for travel are only 1 penny per point, which is much less than that of each comparable card.
Stingy registration bonus
The registration bonus in the USAA Awards Visa Signature is also relatively small. Card holders are offered 2.500 bonus points, which are less than $ 25 from cash or gift cards when they use their cards for the first time. Unlike many similar prize cards, it typically offers at least five digits on bonus points.
The good news is that when you earn enough points to demand an important purchase, the redemption process is quite simple. When you use points for travel, there are no deduction dates and if you use points to get a ticket that is less than the reward value, the difference will be returned to your account. Card holders are required to travel from an agency selected by the USAA, but cannot transfer points to the airline’s frequent flying program.
Why take the USAA Award Visa Signature?
- You are an active member of service or you want to take advantage of your close relative and military special advantages.
- You spend a lot on gas and food and you will get a lot of value from the card bonuses.
- You are already a USAA member and enjoy doing business with the USAA bank.
- You have excellent credit and you get both a low rate credit card and some rewards.
How to use USAA Rewards Visa Signature?
- Use it for all gas and food purchases to get the most from this card.
- If you want to use the maximum amount of points from your points, save your points for travel or donate to charities. You will need a minimum of 15,000 points to book a prize or 15,150 for a cruise reservation.
- Feel free to use your points for gift cards or products. The award value for such purchases is significantly lower than other payment options, including cash.
- If you are an active attendant, contact USAA for an updated list of military member benefits.